- Can you reach and engage young women who are involved in gangs and county line activity?
- Can you respectfully work shoulder to shoulder with young women who have complex needs and experience of trauma and violence against women and girls?
- Have you got what it takes to go the extra mile for young women?
We are looking for an experienced practitioner to deliver one-to-one sessions and advocacy support with young women affected by gangs and county line activity. You will work with up to 24 high risk, highly vulnerable young women per year using Abianda’s unique model of practice. This is a fixed term contract til March 2021 working across London, although based at home during the Covid lockdown.
Salary is £28,000 PA.
You will work in a team of three other practitioners. You will also work alongside Abianda’s Young Trainers to deliver training to professionals, disseminating practice, knowledge and experience to a national audience.
A full application pack and job description can be downloaded from the supporting documents at the bottom of this page.
Work with young women
- Deliver one-to-one sessions and advocacy support to young women up to the age of 25 affected by gangs and county line activity;
- Support young women to achieve their best hopes and project outcomes, including but not exclusive to, young women being better connected to services and a professional network;
- Deliver training and public speaking events to professionals on an ad-hoc basis, working alongside Abianda Young Trainers, disseminating practice knowledge and experience to a national audience;
- Manage and respond to risk, disclosure, safeguarding and child protection issues in the unique context of gangs, while working as part of a multi-disciplinary team and professional network around young women.
Monitoring and evaluation
- Maintain monitoring, evaluation and reporting requirement of the project;
- Maintain accurate project case files on time.
Support & Supervision
- Report to Abianda Senior Practitioners across all aspects of your responsibilities;
- Participate in monthly supervision with the Senior Practitioner;
- Participate in whole team practice & case file sessions;
- Engage in monthly clinical supervision to support wellbeing and a reflective practice
Working in partnership
- Your professionalism will reflect the reputation and integrity of the organisation, and your conduct in all responsibilities will uphold Abianda’s policies and procedures.
- You will promote Abianda’s services, support the engagement of young women and girls in our services, and maintain relationships with partners and commissioners;
- You will work in partnership with other Abianda team members, being a source of peer support and shared learning.
- Experience of one-to-one and/or group work with young women and girls with complex needs and a history of non-engagement – perhaps you have worked with young women who have experienced violence against women and girls, mental ill-health, trauma and/or who perpetrate violence and crime
- Experience in responding to risk, safeguarding and child protection issues in the unique context of gangs
- Experience of advocating on behalf of young people and navigating statutory safeguarding and policing processes
- A proactive nature, a willingness to ‘go the extra mile’, and a curiosity to understand the lives and experiences of young women
- A willingness to take on Abianda’s unique model of practice to support the engagement of young women
- Excellent communication skills and organisation skills, so that you can maintain accurate case files on time
- Experience of delivering training and/or public speaking events desirable
- Open to travelling to different locations across London to meet and support young women
- A strong values match with our principles
- Ideally, you will have a JNC professional youth work qualification
To apply please download and complete an application form from the list of supporting documents below. N.B. We will not accept just a C.V. Please also download and sign our equal opportunities form (although this is optional).
Deadline for completed applications is midnight, Sunday 10th May 2020.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 19th May 2020.
- Application Form – This will open in a new window
- Job description – This will open in a new window
- Recruitment Pack – This will open in a new window
- Equal Opportunities – This will open in a new window
- Privancy Statement – This will open in a new window