Can you reach and engage young women who are involved in county lines and gangs?
Can you respectfully work shoulder to shoulder with young women who have complex needs and experience of trauma and violence against women and girls?
Have you got what it takes to go the extra mile for young women and hold hope that life for them can be different?
Your role will be to deliver one-to-one sessions and advocacy support to young women affected by gangs and county line activity – you will engage 24 young women per year.
You will work with high risk, high vulnerability young women using Abianda’s unique model of practice. You will work alongside Abianda Young Trainers to deliver training to professionals on an ad-hoc basis, disseminating practice knowledge and experience to a national audience.
Details of the role
- Full-time fixed term contract
- Based in Canonbury N1. This role involves with significant travel across London to deliver one-to-one sessions, and on occasion travel outside the city.
To read more about the role, please follow this link.
- Please download an application form here and complete as fully as you can detailing how you meet the responsibilities and requirements of the role
- Please download, read and sign Abianda’s privacy statement for employees, workers and contractors
- Please download and complete Abianda’s Equal Opportunities Form – this is optional and will play no part in our assessment of your application.
- Return your completed application form and signed privacy statement to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23.59 on 04.09.2019
- Abianda is a women’s only employer, and as such this position is exempt under Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or other protected characteristics.
- We are particularly interested in applicants from BAME groups for this role to support the growth of a diverse and inclusive team at Abianda.
- We welcome applications from people from all walks of life, including those who may have had exposure to similar experiences that young women across London are facing.
- Applications that are submitted without a signed privacy statement will not be considered.
- We will not consider CVs. Please do not submit these with, or in place of, an application form.