To go directly to the recruitment pack, please click here.
Abianda was set up in 2014 to change the way services are delivered to young women and girls who are affected by gangs. We have developed a unique model that is being used across England and in Europe. In 2016 Nesta and the Observer awarded us the New Radicals award. In 2018 Islington’s Integrated Gangs Team, within which Abianda is a key partner, was awarded the Children and Young People Now award for partnership work.
Our vision is to create an innovative, independent and commercial organisation to improve young women’s lives. The Abianda team is committed and loyal to each other and to our shared values of social justice, equality and working shoulder to shoulder with young women and girls.
We are delighted to have received 3-year funding from Samworth Foundation to significantly grow our Train the Trainer work. Building on our experience to date, we will appoint a full-time participation worker to oversee this programme.
You will be responsible for bringing about national change in the way that professionals and services respond to sexual exploitation in the context of gangs and county lines. This is an exciting opportunity to take an established programme and scale up its reach and depth of impact across the country using you knowledge and skills in participation work.
You will take over the running of Abianda’s established and highly reputable Young Trainer Programme. Over three years, you will develop this into a sustainable and thriving function of the organisation. For more information, please have a look at the job description.
- Abianda is a women’s only employer, and as such this position is exempt under Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or other protected characteristics. We are particularly interested in applicants from BAME groups for this role to support the growth of a diverse and inclusive team at Abianda.
- Applications that are submitted without a signed privacy statement will not be considered.
- We will not consider CVs. Please do not submit these with, or in place of, an application form.
- Application deadline: 23:59, Sunday 5 May 2019
- Candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application no later than Friday 10 May
- Interviews will take place on 20 or 21 May – we may recall candidates for a second interview if necessary
- Job offers will be made no later than 31 May
- Successful candidates will be invited to join Abianda’s 3-day training as part of their induction, on 10-12 June
- Candidates will start work on 1 July