To go directly to the recruitment pack, please click here.
Abianda was set up in 2014 to change the way services are delivered to young women and girls who are affected by gangs. We have developed a unique model that is being used across England and in Europe. In 2016 Nesta and the Observer awarded us the New Radicals award. In 2018 Islington’s Integrated Gangs Team, within which Abianda is a key partner, was awarded the Children and Young People Now award for partnership work.
Our vision is to create an innovative, independent and commercial organisation to improve young women’s lives. The Abianda team is committed and loyal to each other and to our shared values of social justice, equality and working shoulder to shoulder with young women and girls.
You will have a unique opportunity to gender mainstream responses to gangs across a London borough that is taking an innovative approach to community safety.
Abianda will deliver training, capacity building case consultation, and critically review and analyse services in order to gender mainstream
Waltham Forest’s gangs provision.
We will support the embedding of gender responsive service delivery across all programme areas. This work will develop awareness of, and capacity to respond to, young women, gender-based violence and exploitation across all gang prevention programme activities.
For more information, please have a look at the job description.
- Abianda is a women’s only employer, and as such this position is exempt under Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or other protected characteristics. We are particularly interested in applicants from BAME groups for this role to support the growth of a diverse and inclusive team at Abianda.
- Applications that are submitted without a signed privacy statement will not be considered.
- We will not consider CVs. Please do not submit these with, or in place of, an application form.
- Application deadline: 23:59, Sunday 5 May 2019
- Candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application no later than Friday 10 May
- Interviews will take place on 20 or 21 May – we may recall candidates for a second interview if necessary
- Job offers will be made no later than 31 May
- Successful candidates will be invited to join Abianda’s 3-day training as part of their induction, on 10-12 June
- Candidates will start work on 1 July