To go directly to the recruitment pack, please click here.
Abianda was set up in 2014 to change the way services are delivered to young women and girls who are affected by gangs. We have developed a unique model that is being used across England and in Europe. In 2016 Nesta and the Observer awarded us the New Radicals award. In 2018 Islington’s Integrated Gangs Team, within which Abianda is a key partner, was awarded the Children and Young People Now award for partnership work.
Our vision is to create an innovative, independent and commercial organisation to improve young women’s lives. The Abianda team is committed and loyal to each other and to our shared values of social justice, equality and working shoulder to shoulder with young women and girls.
Over 2018 our team quadrupled in size, and we are now looking for the right individual to grow our financial and administrative infrastructure, so that we are in a resilient and confident position for our next stage of growth.
You will have the opportunity to review our current financial systems and strategy, then design and implement the structures that will support us as we grow. You will oversee our finance function, including developing reporting for our Board of Directors and maintaining our accounting system and monthly management accounts. You will also support with day-to-day administrative matters such as minutes of meetings and travel arrangements for the Senior Management Team.
Finally, you will have a unique opportunity to establish and oversee an internship programme for former service users. This paid programme will ensure young women affected by gangs and county line activity have the opportunity to grow their professional skills in a supportive environment, moving them closer to work readiness.
For more information, please have a look at the job description.
- Abianda is a women’s only employer, and as such this position is exempt under Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or other protected characteristics. We are particularly interested in applicants from BAME groups for this role to support the growth of a diverse and inclusive team at Abianda.
- Applications that are submitted without a signed privacy statement will not be considered.
- We will not consider CVs. Please do not submit these with, or in place of, an application form.
- Application deadline: 23:59, Sunday 7 July 2019
- Interviews will take place on either Tuesday 16th, Wednesday 17th or Thursday 18th July – we may recall candidates for a second interview if necessary
- We hope candidates will be able to start by mid-August