Gender Consultant – Waltham Forest
1.5 year fixed contract – until 31 March 2022
Part-time, 3 days (21 hours) per week
£28,000 per annum pro rata (£16,800 PA).
Job Description (July 2020)
- Could you work with a London borough team to gender-mainstream their responses to gang activity?
- Could you deliver training to disseminate practice knowledge and surgeries providing case consultation to practitioners?
- Have you got what it takes to go the extra mile for young women?
If this is you, then we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for someone to continue our work with Waltham Forest, developing a critical analysis of their services to gender-mainstream their gang provision. You will work alongside Abianda’s Young Trainers delivering surgeries to practitioners and training to other professionals, disseminating practice, knowledge and experience.
This is a part-time (3 days a week) fixed term contract until March 2022.
A full application pack and job description can be downloaded from the supporting documents at the bottom of this page.
Summary of Job Description
- You will deliver weekly half-day surgeries providing case consultation to Waltham Forest practitioners in collaboration with Abianda’s Young Trainers;
- Complete a holistic review (including case file audits) of all gangs services, assessing gender awareness and capacity to respond effectively to young women and girls;
- Create an action plan for support based on review findings;
- Deliver training, seminars and public speaking events to professionals, working alongside Abianda Young Trainers, disseminating practice knowledge and experience;
- Run a working group of young women to support the project;
- All of your service delivery efforts will be routed in an understanding of how issues of inequality, identity and intersectionality impact young women and the services and support they receive.
- You will work closely with managers and peers to ensure Abianda’s quality assurance framework is adhered to across the breadth of your responsibilities.
Monitoring and evaluation
- You will maintain monitoring, evaluation and reporting requirements of the project.
Working in partnership
- You will attend external contract review meetings;
- You will attend stakeholder meetings and local authority panel meetings in support of your responsibilities and remit;
- Your professionalism will reflect the reputation and integrity of the organisation, and your conduct in all responsibilities will uphold Abianda’s policies and procedures;
- You will promote Abianda’s services, support the engagement of young women and girls in our services and maintain relationships with partners and commissioners.
Essential skills and experiences
- A professional background spanning youth work, safeguarding, VAWG services, and/or criminal justice
- Experience of delivering training to a diverse professional audience – preferably longside young people or service users
- Knowledge of contextual safeguarding theory and practice
- Good legislative knowledge across a range of policy areas
- Good analytical skills, with experience of writing reports for senior leaders
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to navigating statutory and non-statutory systems and services in a local authority and liaise with senior leader
- Brilliant organisational skills and experience of record keeping
- Committed to equality and non-discriminatory practice and the ability to view systems and processes through the lens of equality and intersectionality
- A willingness to take on Abianda’s unique model of practice to support the development of effective service for young women
Desired skills and experiences
- Experience of delviering one-to-one and/or group work with young women and girls with complex needs and a history of non-engagement
- A professional youth work qualification
To apply please download and complete an application form (no CVs please) from the list of supporting documents below and send to email@example.com. Please also download and sign our equal opportunities form (although this is optional).
To apply please download and complete an application form from the list of supporting documents below. N.B. We will not accept just a C.V. Please also download and sign our equal opportunities form (although this is optional). Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Monday 31st August 2020. Interviews will be held on Thursday 10th September 2020.
- Gender Consultant – Waltham Forest Person Spec and Job Description 2020
- Abianda-Equal-Opportunities 2020
- Abianda-Application-Form 2020
Abianda is a not for profit company limited by guarantee. Registered company #: 08875988 Registered address: Unit 2K, Leroy House, 436 Essex Road, London, N1 3QP