Dates and times
Wednesday 30 October 2019, 10.00 – 16.30
Tuesday 19 November 2019, 10.00 – 16.30
Islington Town Hall, Upper St, London, N1 2UD
£120 per person
How to book
To pay by invoice, please complete our booking form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To pay by card, please visit our page on Eventbrite and complete your booking there.
Our one-day training is designed to familiarise attendees with Abianda’s approach and model of working with young women. It includes first-hand testimony from the Young Trainers.
The day also includes:
- The policy and research context relevant to supporting young women affected by gangs and county line activity
- Information on the various roles of young women in gangs and county line activity
- Discussion of the associated risks and the barriers young women face in accessing services
- Understanding the complexities of young women’s ‘victim’ and ‘perpetrating’ behaviour
- Interactive exercises to illustrate the need for a ‘culture shift’ in the way services engage with young women affected by gangs and county line activity
- Introduction to practical tools to ensure a relationship based, and young-women led, approach to enhance engagement and young women’s trust in our services
All of our training is co-delivered by our Young Trainers – young women who have used our services
You will hear directly from young women who have used our services. They will give first hand testimony as to:
- why the tools and techniques used by Abianda helped them to engage with services
- how these tools and techniques helped them to think more critically about their gang-association
- how they help young women to develop the skills, resilience and confidence to make changes that they wanted in their lives
Sample feedback from our one-day training
Please follow this link to read some feedback from one-day training we delivered in May 2018. The average rating was 9.3 out of 10, and almost half of attendees rated it 10 out of 10.
- 100% of attendees would recommend to a colleague.
- 75% said they would cascade learning to colleagues.
- 71% said they would change their practice.
I really enjoyed the interactive nature of the training. Also the testimonials and input of the trainers who provided narrative relating to their lived experienced - very brave and touching - thank you.