Final programme – book now!
- 2nd, 3rd & 4th May, at Islington Town Hall, Upper Street
How to book
Download the Abianda training booking form, complete it and specify your preferred dates and then return it to: email@example.com
Feel free to call if you would prefer to talk to us in person:
You will be trained in the Abianda model of working with gang-affected young women
Since 2013 we have been working successfully with young women who have unique safeguarding and risk issues due to their gang-association, who have complex needs and a history of non-engagement.
On our 3-day training you will practice tools and techniques and develop skills to:
- Respond to gang-affected young women who can be both ‘victims’ and ‘perpetrators’
- Bring about a culture shift in the way services are delivered to young women who have a history of non-engagement
- Address barriers and safety issues that prevent young women engaging in our services
- Support young women to increase their knowledge of: the risks for gang-associated young women; sexual violence, exploitation and D.V in the context of peer groups and gangs; anger; and healthy relationships
- Work in a more effective and reflective way with young women whose behaviour can be seen as ‘aggressive’, ‘risky’, and difficult to engage with and to support them to develop skills to navigate risk
- You will learn theory, techniques and tools from the Abianda model that can be used straight away in your day-to-day practice – including participatory and solution focused therapy techniques.
All of our training is co-delivered by young women who have used our services and who have previously been affected by gangs.
You will hear directly from young women who will give first hand testimony as to why the tools and techniques used by Abianda helped them to engage with services, think more critically about their gang-association and to develop the skills, resilience and confidence to make changes that they wanted in their lives.
Public sector: £500 (£470 early bird rate if booked by 31st January)
VCS: £450 (£420 early bird rate if booked by 31st January)
Easily the best training of 2016. The young women were fantastic, knowledgeable and inspiring... tremendous value!